En ع
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log in or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Thebes Academy
#1 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 7:44:05 PM(UTC)
Thebes Academy

Groups: Registered
Woman
Egypt

Oprah Winfrey

Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood. She experienced considerable hardship during her childhood, Sent to live with the man she calls her father, a barber in Tennessee, Winfrey landed a job in radio while still in high school and began co-anchoring the local evening news at the age of 19.she was A reporter for one of the radio channels (WVOL) and this is not easy for them it's black and she's a woman, she Won scholarships until I graduated from the University of "Tennessee" Then won the Miss "Tennessee" to attract the attention, And assigned to work at a local radio station to start her career media. Before attained the age of 32 years, Oprah has become providers of the most famous American talk shows and a millionaire at the same time. Now, the "Oprah Winfrey Show" 54 years is a prelude to months talk show "Oprah Show" The top in terms of viewership in the history of television, and won awards, "Emmy" In addition, it prominent literary critic and publisher of press releases. It currently has a channel by its name, One of the most influential figures in the world, which included 100 personal And total annual income of $ 225 million.

Written By [ Eman Mohamed]

Thebes Academy
#2 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 7:53:46 PM(UTC)
Thebes Academy

Woman
Egypt

Jamela Bo-Hared

is considered by many as the most powerful female freedom fighter of the twentieth century, but still for vague reasons, very little is known about this national cum international heroine.
Jamela had born in 1935 at al Kasaba, Algeria. She was the only daughter at her family among 7 sons
Her father was Algerian & her mother was Tunisian. Thanks to her mother who was reason of her love to the homeland, she was always remember her that she is Algerian citizen not a French one although she was young.
When Jamela was in the school she discovered her revolutionary spirit, when all the Algerian students repeated every morning "France is our mother", Jamela would stand up and scream "Algeria Is Our Mother", of course she was punished for this by the principal. From this time, Bo Hred was drawn to the revolutionary cause.
She continued her school studies then joined an institute for sewing & designing and learned classical dancing and horse riding until the Algerian revolution she had joined the Algerian National Liberation Front to fight against the French colonialism at the age of twenty. Then, she became a suicide and was the first to put bombs for the French soldiers.
Bo Hred had arrested in 1957 and started the journey of torment at the French jails in Algeria, the history never forget her historical words at her military lawsuit “I know that you will executed me, but never forget that by killing me you are infringe the freedom rules in your country, but you could never prevent Algeria from being free” these words saved her from the execution.
At the time a French lawyer named Jack Verges, sympathetic to the plight of Algerians, heard of her case and decided to represent her. In what would be a historic trial, Verges accused the government of themselves having committed the acts charged in his defense, waging a public relations campaign on her behalf. Despite his efforts, she was convicted and sentenced to death by the guillotine, Partly due to his strategy, the French government found itself under overwhelming pressure from the world's public opinion, and the execution was postponed indefinitely, with Jamela imprisoned in France.
As the end of the war drew near, she was released along with many other Algerian prisoners. Verges claimed to have become a target of the French colonial government, which allegedly launched several failed assassination attempts against him, including a bomb placed in his apartment and another in his car.
Jamela and Verges would be married a year after Algeria's independence, with his having converted to Islam by this time, taking the first name Mansour.
The couple would have two children, Mariam and Lays Verges. Jamela became chairwoman of the Algerian Women Association in independent Algeria, and was constantly at odds with then-Algerian President Ahmed Ben Bella.
Later she and her husband moved to Paris.

Written By: [Nihal Kamal ]

Thebes Academy
#3 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 8:01:10 PM(UTC)
Thebes Academy

Woman
Egypt

Quote to speak with a magazine or site name learn in
So let her talk about herself, she said
On March 24, 2008, I headed to my first day of work as chief operating officer of a small company called Facebook. As I pulled out of my driveway, I remember feeling excited. I also felt a little nervous...a little anxious...okay, maybe even a little scared about this new challenge. It wasn't anything specific that concerned me. I knew the tech business well after spending more than six years at Google. I had shared many dinners with CEO Mark Zuckerberg before he offered me the job, and I knew we were in sync about the importance of Facebook's mission. My fear was more the general anxiety you feel over the risks associated with a new job and the worry that you won't succeed.
I parked my car and went up to an industrial, open-plan office space. My desk faced Mark's and was near the very popular Rainbow Room, which was crammed with couches and video games. At the time, the office walls were bare. Today, those walls are filled with posters that reflect the company's philosophy and encourage employees to take risks. "Proceed and be bold," declares one. "Move fast and break things," advises another. But the one that would have helped me on that first morning doesn't make a statement; it asks a question: "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"
This question speaks to everyone, but I think it has special significance for women. Fear is at the root of so many of the barriers that women face. Fear of not being liked. Fear of making the wrong decision. Fear of drawing negative attention. Fear of overreaching. Fear of being judged. Fear of failure. And for those who want to have children, the fear that we can't be both good employees and good mothers.
I know it's pointless to tell someone to be fearless. I regularly fail to convince even myself. But it does help to tell ourselves to fight our fears at every stage of our lives. In school, don't be afraid to raise your hand. When you are attending a meeting, don't be afraid to sit at the table. Don't be afraid to offer your opinion. Don't be afraid of waiting to find a life partner who will support you in achieving your dreams. And don't be afraid to be fully engaged in your career, even as you plan to have a family. By fighting these fears, women can pursue professional success and personal fulfillment--and freely choose one or the other...or both.
Five years ago, I dove into my new Facebook job as fearlessly as I could. And although at the time a lot of people questioned why I would want to go to work for a 23-year-old, no one asks me that question anymore.

Written By: [Hend Anwar Metwally]
Thebes Academy
#4 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 8:07:21 PM(UTC)
Thebes Academy

Woman
Egypt

Oprah Gail Winfrey (born January 29, 1954) is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Winfrey is best known for her multi-award-winning talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show which was the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century, the greatest black philanthropist in American history, and is currently North America's only black billionaire. She is also, according to some assessments, the most influential woman in the world .In 2013, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama and an honorary doctorate degree from Harvard. Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood. She experienced considerable hardship during her childhood, saying she was raped at age nine and became pregnant at 14; her son died in infancy.] Sent to live with the man she calls her father, a barber in Tennessee, Winfrey landed a job in radio while still in high school and began co-anchoring the local evening news at the age of 19. Her emotional ad-lib delivery eventually got her transferred to the daytime-talk-show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place,] she launched her own production company and became internationally syndicated. Credited with creating a more intimate confessional form of media communication, she is thought to have popularized and revolutionized the tabloid talk show genre pioneered by Phil Donahue which a Yale study says broke 20th-century taboos and allowed LGBT people to enter the mainstream. By the mid-1990s, she had reinvented her show with a focus on literature, self-improvement, and spirituality. Though criticized for unleashing a confession culture, promoting controversial self-help ideas,and an emotion-centered approach she is often praised for overcoming adversity to become a benefactor to others. From 2006 to 2008, her support of Barack Obama, by one estimate, delivered over a million votes in the close 2008 Democratic primary race.
Written By:[Merna Mahfouz] & [Merna Mahmoud Dawoud]