En ع
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log in or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

JossieB
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 4:31:31 PM(UTC)
JossieB

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello!

I am wondering whether for women emancipation to be truly realized, the pressures must be exclusively exerted in creating laws that guarantee equal right between men and women (such as labour, human rights, etc), or whether this is more a problem of education and awareness - encouraged by the media, meaning that the conceptions the media portray of women are inaccurate and encourage a system of gender inequality.

Often the representations of women on TV encourage a traditional view in which women are misperceived. In films women often are seen as purely mothers, wives and sisters and work in hospitals (as nurses), supermarkets and shops, etc. Where are the women that are CEOs of companies, those that have invented new things that helped changed the world? the women heros (that are not necessarily cat women but simply "normal women")?

I believe for the perception of women and for real empowerment to be effective, the media needs to contribute and help educate the population instead of spreading misconceptions or traditional perceptions on the role of women in society... Societies change, and these traditional views of women must too.

Edit by user Monday, June 17, 2013 8:20:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thebes Academy
#2 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 7:40:14 PM(UTC)
Thebes Academy

Groups: Registered
Woman
Egypt

1. Are media representations of women biased? Why?

No, because the media presents women negatively (they are always in need of help and often expect help from this man, a weak capacity for decision-making and lack of initiative and is often doomed to failure in difficult situations) the use of advertising to women as a tool to attract and bait to encourage consumption appears the naive creature not only are his eating and drinking and beauty, women used to advertise their goods to attract men and women alike, the Declaration calls upon it to make themselves in the role of a woman who got the highest security purchased Item, example in Egypt not talk about woman that all right have take from the government like girl Under arrest in prison without any the media choose not talk about them.
Note this my opinion so don't blame me about it :D

Written By:[Hend Anwar Metwally]

Edit by user Friday, June 20, 2014 7:41:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified